Every now and then news breaks out that a star kid sets foot in cinema. But rarely do they leave a mark. And when I say STAR kid. I mean someone whose mum or dad is an Academy Award winner, a very highly respected or popular actor/actress or is a huge powerhouse in direction, production etc. This excludes people like Kristen Stewart, Daniel Radcliffe, Keira Knightley, Blake Lively and many others because their parents, though from the industry, are not in the media’s eye as some others’. I wouldn’t blab if the kid HAD talent but the majority of them are defined otherwise.
>>1. Jaden and Willow Smith:
Father: Will Smith
What happens when your dad happens to be one of Hollywood’s commercially successful leading man?
Answer: You get to star in movies that he acts in and produces. You get to act in movies that his friends star in and produce. You get to sing and whip you hair even though you are talent-less and still be famous.
Jaden’s notable movies:
1. The Pursuit of Happyness: Starring Will Smith.
2. The Day the Earth Stood Still: Starring Keanu Reeves who worked with Jada-Pinkett on The Matrix.
3. The Karate Kid (2010): Produced by Will Smith.
1. I am Legend: Starring Will Smith.
2. “Whip My Hair”: Less said the better.
>>2. Abhishek Bachchan:
Father: Amitabh Bachchan
This one is closer to home. And sadly there seems to be no hope. Overacting, bad accent, copying his dad and talent-less is his way of waltzing through a movie that we have to endure for the length of it. And somehow he always has the same expression most of the time. Or maybe it’s just me.
1. Guru: Apparently, he’s done a good job in it. I haven’t seen it though.
2. Yuva: Again, a good movie and decent acting.
>>3. Colin Hanks:
Father: Tom Hanks
As an actor, I would give Colin a 5. He isn’t bad, but he isn’t great either. He does not have a flattering resume that talks about his range. Maybe he wasn’t given the opportunity. I remember him as Anna Faris’ arm candy in “The House Bunny”.
1. Dexter: A good role which could have been a breakthrough for him but no such thing on the way.
>>4. Uday Chopra:
Father: Yash Chopra
I am still wondering which was the last movie that Uday Chopra starred in that didn’t smell of bullshit. Right from Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai to the atrocious Dhoom series he has been a part of the industry without having to be a part of it. As far as acting is concerned it would be a waste of time talking about something that is non-existent.
1. Mohabattein: And the only reason it was good, 3 words, Shah Rukh Khan. Produced by dad Yash Chopra and directed by brother Aditya Chopra.
>>5. Tori Spelling:
Father: Aaron Spelling
Aaron Spelling was the grandmaster of television for over three decades. He produced many successful shows and launched the careers of many young stars. So it would be that daddy dearest produced a small show called Beverly Hills 90210 and had his little girl star in it. All thanks to Aaron Spelling that our association with Tori began.
1. Beverley Hills 90210
2. Saved by the Bell